Putting a Class in the AMCAS Work/Activities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seal777

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am filling out the AMCAS application for this year, and there was an study abroad experience I wanted to write about. In this experience, I went to India for two weeks and learned about the healthcare there, and then came back and had an 8 week debrief basically. I received credit for it and it is on my transcript, so I was wondering if I could still put it as one of my 15 work/activities and talk about it there. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am filling out the AMCAS application for this year, and there was an study abroad experience I wanted to write about. In this experience, I went to India for two weeks and learned about the healthcare there, and then came back and had an 8 week debrief basically. I received credit for it and it is on my transcript, so I was wondering if I could still put it as one of my 15 work/activities and talk about it there. Thanks!
Yes, it's fine to list Study Abroad in the AMCAS Activities section, even though it appears on your transcript. Generally the "Other" tag is used for this type of experience.

Reactions: 1 users