putting gpa on resume/CV?

Started by Ayuka001
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ayuka001

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you put your gpa on your resume or CV? What's considered a "good" pharmacy school gpa?


Thanks guys!
 
My advisor told me I don't have to because most places (for residency/internships at least) will look your transcript instead to confirm your GPA, but I do anyways. I don't want to be screened out of anything for NOT putting it on there, just in case. It fluctuates between a 3.8 and 3.9 depending on the semester.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you put your gpa on your resume or CV? What's considered a "good" pharmacy school gpa?


Thanks guys!

I had a 4.0 my P1 and P2 year so I put it on my CV. Now it's at around a 3.6 so I took it off. 😛

If it's a 4.0 I would put it on there. If it's just an average GPA LEAVE IT OFF b/c no one cares.

Good is 3.75+ Great is 3.85+ Stellar is 4.0

Good luck!
 
You have a job lined up yet, SHC?

2 offers both retail...waiting to get licensed to see if I can land something better than these. I'll be most happy with a managed care, staff hospital or work at home mail order pharmacy. Fingers CROSSED.

you?
 
Last edited:
2 offers both retail...waiting to get licensed to see if I can land something better than these. I'll be most happy with a managed care, staff hospital or work at home mail order pharmacy. Fingers CROSSED.

you?

Don't wait too long to accept one of these... and just bail when you get a better offer.
 
Don't wait too long to accept one of these... and just bail when you get a better offer.

I accepted BOTH right away! lol...

If I get managed care or hospital or work at home job I'll bail.

But does bail = burn bridges and I can't ever work for them again?
 
a 3.75 is consider good? So a 3.5 is average? and a 3.0 is sub-par?

Your scale is competitive indeed