-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Putting Topical Clomtrimazole Cream Intra Vaginally?
Started by SCRX
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
The same thing that would happen if Gyne-Lotrimin was used intravaginally.What will happen if you put topical Clotrimazole 1% cream intra vaginally?
The same thing that would happen if Gyne-Lotrimin was used intravaginally.
We accidentally dispensed the topical cream instead of the vaginal cream and the pt used the applicator from a previous vaginal cream and put the topical in her vagina before we realized we gave the wrong cream...
The topical cream package insert says do no use in eyes, nose, mouth and vagina, so I'm wondering what's different for them to say don't put in vagina and skin only.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not so sure, but I would guess that the regular formulation would be irritating to the vaginal mucosa.
Honestly, it's probably a fatal error
What will happen if you put topical Clotrimazole 1% cream intravaginally?
Is it formulated the same? The pH and saline concentration in the vagina is very different then your skin.
If the pH and saline in that tube is different, I think it would burn.........
Does anyone know if any serious side effects will occur as a result of the external topical cream being placed intravaginally?
Answer this question. What's the difference between inside the vagina and the epidermis of your hands, feet, etc?
Honestly (for real this time), I wouldn't be surprised if the topical and vaginal formations are the same and just labeled differently.
Has the patient returned and complained about any burning or discomfort?
Looking at the inactive ingredients they are very similar in formulation. When we compound vaginal creams we use acid mantle and sometimes vani-cream, which is basically what they use in the topical formulation, so I wouldn't worry too much.
Looking at the inactive ingredients they are very similar in formulation. When we compound vaginal creams we use acid mantle and sometimes vani-cream, which is basically what they use in the topical formulation, so I wouldn't worry too much.
Answer this question. What's the difference between inside the vagina and the epidermis of your hands, feet, etc?
Sparda, do you know the difference between a hand and a vagina?
Sparda, do you know the difference between a hand and a vagina?![]()
i don't really know?? they both bring you beer
i don't really know?? they both bring you beer
I didn't ask you 👎p
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 111
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 3K
D