q.about small programs....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docmani

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me what are some good, small programs, in the west,east coasts?....how is univ.of arizona's program? new york medical college;westchester valhalla?

thanks..

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by docmani
can anyone tell me what are some good, small programs, in the west,east coasts?....how is univ.of arizona's program? new york medical college;westchester valhalla?

thanks..

New york medical college is an FMG chain gang. You are overworked, underteached, and treated like crud. They have new PD who used to work at yale, but i was not at all impressed by her. Maybe she will make some good changes but i doubt they will be in effect any time soon. St. Lukes is a well regarded small program on the east coast, it has a very good local reputation. St. Vincents has nice litte cosy program, residents seem happy. Stonybrook on LI has new PD from duke whom i was v impressed by, I think he will make the program very strong in next few years, and it was a decent program to begin.

thanks for replying...any news about univ.of kentucky,arizona or virginia? any other programs that have too many img's ?

thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
umdnj newark is a pathetic program!

again nothing positive to say, you're very unhappy apma

I interviewed at Mercy Hospital in Pittsburgh. It was a small program with 3-4 residents per year. The faculty was extremely nice and down to earth. Despite its size, the caseload seemed great. They had no problems with numbers in any specific area of cases and the residents were very happy. It is a community hospital, but the faculty is well-known in the field. The PD has written a textbook on cardiac anesthesia and gives seminars on a national level. Seemed to be great if you're looking for a small size program.