Qpack easiness level

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laczlacylaci

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to check in. Started to do the qpacks and was wondering what the level of difficulty of these are. Am I suppose to be getting them all correct, or a few wrong here or there is okay?

On the other hand, for the section bank, I should expect hard ass problems correct?

Members don't see this ad.

q-packs: These are more for content-reinforcement. When doing them you should feel like the material is fair game. Use anything you get wrong as a learning aid.

section bank: This is what to expect on test-day. Hard stuff that you need to maneuver through. I would do these first so you can do them twice.

As for the section bank, like most of the test would be like the section bank or the qpacks? I heard only expect 1-2 passages to look like the section bank, is that true? (Damn the section bank is hard!)

As for the section bank, like most of the test would be like the section bank or the qpacks? I heard only expect 1-2 passages to look like the section bank, is that true? (Damn the section bank is hard!)

Depends on the test. On some tests, you'll see many passages like Section Bank passages but these will also be curved so that you don't need to get as many correct to achieve a certain score. On some tests, you'll see a lot of easy questions and you know that you'll have to get a high raw score to get a high scaled score.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
q-packs: These are more for content-reinforcement. When doing them you should feel like the material is fair game. Use anything you get wrong as a learning aid.

section bank: This is what to expect on test-day. Hard stuff that you need to maneuver through. I would do these first so you can do them twice.
In regards to going over the section bank twice, if after the first time you review your answers thoroughly and understand why you got problems wrong, how would it be helpful to do it again 2 months later? I know you said it was high yield, but wont your latent familiarity of the question make it so that doing it a second time is more a test of recall?

I have a decent memory lol. But yeah I agree. However even if you dont memorize the questions explicitly, you still will have a passing similarity with the content matter so the act of working through a novel problem with no background knowledge and relying solely on reasoning will be lost, no?

Yeah I guess so. I'm sure going through a second time would not hurt aye? Especially after 2 months of time.

In regards to going over the section bank twice, if after the first time you review your answers thoroughly and understand why you got problems wrong, how would it be helpful to do it again 2 months later? I know you said it was high yield, but wont your latent familiarity of the question make it so that doing it a second time is more a test of recall?

I mean it's up to you whether you want to do them once or twice. Once you take a look at them, you'll have a better gauge as to whether it will be helpful. The questions are more about approach to experimental interpretation, rather than remembering that V = IR.

Reactions: 1 user
I mean it's up to you whether you want to do them once or twice. Once you take a look at them, you'll have a better gauge as to whether it will be helpful. The questions are more about approach to experimental interpretation, rather than remembering that V = IR.
Okay, I appreciate your input!!