QR advice!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1229ko

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my test is scheduled for the 22nd and I have gone through dat destroyer QR two times and I felt very confident in QR and then I started Math Destroyer three days ago and needless to say I am getting destroyed... It takes me almost two hours to get through one test the first time and then the second time I can get 40/40 correct in less than 45 minutes.
I am also using Kaplan material to study and I can breeze through their QR problems but after starting Math Destroyer I'm beginning to think I am not prepared for QR at all... Does anyone have any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Keep practicing! It gets better. You will start to see similar style questions over and over. Then, you will have the hang of it. The idea is exposure.

Reactions: 1 user
So my test is scheduled for the 22nd and I have gone through dat destroyer QR two times and I felt very confident in QR and then I started Math Destroyer three days ago and needless to say I am getting destroyed... It takes me almost two hours to get through one test the first time and then the second time I can get 40/40 correct in less than 45 minutes.
I am also using Kaplan material to study and I can breeze through their QR problems but after starting Math Destroyer I'm beginning to think I am not prepared for QR at all... Does anyone have any advice?
I took the DAT last week. Destroyer is about 3 times harder than the real DAT. The real DAT is more about a fight against time then it is difficulty on questions. You're on the right resource for QR tho. Metaphorically speaking, Destroyer tries to take you to Pluto, so that way when you come back to earth to take the Dat against earthlings you are already beyond their level of understanding

Reactions: 1 users
I took mine in June. Destroyer really helps familiarize you with different types of questions, but they're much harder than the DAT exam. Personally, my questions weren't half as hard as the destroyer ones. But I made the mistake of assuming I'd do fine in math and then ended up spending too much time on a couple topics that i couldn't remember; and then didn't get time to even read the last five. (I realized I only had ten seconds left and then quickly picked random responses) even then, ended up with a 20 QR. So ya, You're gonna do JUST FINE. just keep practicing with time and try to see if you can finish with approx a min or two extra.

Reactions: 1 user
I took the DAT yesterday, and I agree- it's more about timing on the DAT than it is difficulty of questions. Try to get through Math Des once, untimed, and get used to the sorts of questions they ask, because it is very similar to the real thing. Try to work through as many questions as you can, and on the real thing you'll be able to tackle the questions!
Did you go through tests 1-17 only once?? I read your breakdown and I think I would pass out if I made a 25 lmao