QR practice scores vs. actual?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbbbbbb

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for people who have taken the DAT what were your practice scores for QR and your actual scores? what was the biggest difference on the real thing, and what parts were harder?

Members don't see this ad.

bbbbbbb said:
for people who have taken the DAT what were your practice scores for QR and your actual scores? what was the biggest difference on the real thing, and what parts were harder?

Always considered math my strong suit, but that's how you get into trouble. With math, good timing is important. Ok, on with my answer. I took it twice, so here goes.

Practice: 20's-25's. 1st DAT attempt: 18
Practice: 20's -25's. 2nd DAT attempt: 21

I was getting 18-20 on the practice exams, the topscore was a little easier and I was getting 20's and DATachiever was a little harder with the crazy probability questions so I was getting 18's.

On the real exam I got a 22 on the GR. :thumbup:

ooops, brain freeze!

22 was on the reading (RC), 21 on the math (QR)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Howui,

What about the trig simplications like those on the DAT achiever? Ones where you have to know that sin^2 x - cos^2x = cos 2x? or some crazy trig identities?

Tracy47 said:
Hey Howui,

What about the trig simplications like those on the DAT achiever? Ones where you have to know that sin^2 x - cos^2x = cos 2x? or some crazy trig identities?

yuck, i saw one of those on the QR section when i took it... i just guessed since i didn't study those identities.

I did not have any crazy trig stuff on the real exam. If you are faced with one of those and you can quickly find a right formula to simplify or solve it, then do it right away. Otherwise I recommend taking an educated guess and marking it for later. Make sure to do all the easy questions first and then spend the remainder of the time on the harder questions.

They do like to throw questions like what does sin(5/6pi) equal to, and then they give you a buch of sin and cos values. You can eliminate a few choices right away by just remembering what value is positive/negative in which quadrants. They also to the same type of question with degrees, like what does cos(145) equal to?

I was getting 19, 20'sa on the practices and I got a 20 on the real thing. It would have been higher but I had these *weird* fraction questions that I totally guessed on. :laugh: