Qs about Casper test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nanami

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am pre-dental student. As Canadian school asks to take this test, I need to prepare for the exam. And, I just have a few questions about it!

1) I saw the sample answers to some sample Casper questions are sooo long. But I only managed to write maximum 2-3 sentences per question. (usually two sentences..)Is this normal to everyone? or should I try to write more? :(

2) I'm planning to read 'doing it right' ethical book, and try some sample tests.
---Would this be enough?

3) Could you recommend any studying materials or sample tests websites ?

Thank you so much for any help!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!
1. Were your sentences concise & did they explain everything you needed to convey? There may be multiple sides to an ethical scenario so as long as you're sure you've covered your bases it should be ok. If not you may want to practice typing. I had about 3-5 sentences for each question, though I was often cut off at the last few words. It didn't seem to make a difference to schools.

2. Purchasing a book is unnecessary as the questions are very straightforward, real-life scenarios. Once you sign up you can take a practice test on their website (it's within the System Requirements check) which is very similar to the real thing. Otherwise I don't think any additional studying is worthwhile.

3. Take the sample test & check out the sample content on the casper website. There are also a few youtube videos out there which I thought were helpful.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Hello everyone,
I am pre-dental student. As Canadian school asks to take this test, I need to prepare for the exam. And, I just have a few questions about it!

1) I saw the sample answers to some sample Casper questions are sooo long. But I only managed to write maximum 2-3 sentences per question. (usually two sentences..)Is this normal to everyone? or should I try to write more? :(

As long as you write a coincice and logical answer, you will be fine. The CASPER test is not a speed writing test.

2) I'm planning to read 'doing it right' ethical book, and try some sample tests.
---Would this be enough?

I heard a lot about this book but I did not purchase it, solely because I did not have enough time to read it.

I did practice tests, read a little bit about ethics, took a deep breath, and started the exam. Honestly, the exam is not that hard. You just need to consider the situation from multiple perspectives and write a logical answer.

I took the exam in June. Let me know if you have any questions

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!
1. Were your sentences concise & did they explain everything you needed to convey? There may be multiple sides to an ethical scenario so as long as you're sure you've covered your bases it should be ok. If not you may want to practice typing. I had about 3-5 sentences for each question, though I was often cut off at the last few words. It didn't seem to make a difference to schools.

2. Purchasing a book is unnecessary as the questions are very straightforward, real-life scenarios. Once you sign up you can take a practice test on their website (it's within the System Requirements check) which is very similar to the real thing. Otherwise I don't think any additional studying is worthwhile.

3. Take the sample test & check out the sample content on the casper website. There are also a few youtube videos out there which I thought were helpful.

Good luck!

So, you didn't use any book, but just get familiarized with the test format right?
I was just curious how many sample tests you tried before exam. (although this might depend on individuals)
Thank you so much for all the detailed information!:X3:

Since no one received a score it's really hard to give study tips. They are every day scenarios and it might be worth practicing if only to get used to condensing your answers into a short time frame.

BeMo is the top search result for Casper Prep but I found them rather useless. They hammer home the point that you should be thoughtful, non-judgmental, and consider all sides of the situation... but that's tacit. Their "ideal responses" are 200 words and it's unlikely you could craft three of such responses in 5 minutes.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, the questions are standard so the hardest part will be articulating your answers in such a short amount of time. Honestly I just took the sample test on the website & looked at some youtube videos the morning of and it was fine. Like the user above me said, BeMo has a lot of sample videos on youtube that you could check out. I would practice typing quickly as your main priority, and maybe compile a list of useful phrases & adjectives.

Honestly the questions on the real exam were a lot easier than the practice ones. They're sort of like "no duh" answers. None of them were difficult to respond to and they're kind of obvious as to what you need to do. You can't really study for these sorts of questions. Most of them I would describe as "conflict resolution" between friends. Y

ohhh I think I kinda got the idea of how this exam goes.
Thank you so much for great advice everyonee <3:love::biglove:

So, you didn't use any book, but just get familiarized with the test format right?
I was just curious how many sample tests you tried before exam. (although this might depend on individuals)
Thank you so much for all the detailed information!:X3:

Yes, basically you just need to familiarize yourself with the types of questions and the test environment. You also need to make sure to have a strong internet connection and type fast!

Honestly the questions on the real exam were a lot easier than the practice ones. They're sort of like "no duh" answers. None of them were difficult to respond to and they're kind of obvious as to what you need to do. You can't really study for these sorts of questions. Most of them I would describe as "conflict resolution" between friends. Y

Very nice reply. I agree 100%

taking casper tomorrow exclusively for tulane. Any suggestions?

thanks, any kind of prep necessary?

Eh, being a good typer helps. Definitely run the test Casper recommends to make sure your computer can handle the exam before hand. I read up on some medical ethics type things but ultimately they didnt really make a difference. Just go with your gut.

Hello everyone,

---Would this be enough?

:laugh:

The book is "Doing Right" by Philip Hebert, it's an interesting read (also from a Canadian standpoint, so some discrepancies v. US-based practice) but isn't really necessary for the Casper.

I like the sound of your book though, sounds like a lot more fun ;)

:laugh:

The book is "Doing Right" by Philip Hebert, it's an interesting read (also from a Canadian standpoint, so some discrepancies v. US-based practice) but isn't really necessary for the Casper.

I like the sound of your book though, sounds like a lot more fun ;)

Oh sorry, I meant 'Doing right' haha
I read the first chapter and it explained heavily about ethical theory and most cases were so focused on medical issues that I felt a bit overwhelmed. :(
As you felt it was not necessary for CASPER, I should roughly just skip through some example cases and focus on sample casper questions.
Thank you for clarifying!:)

I'm practicing the sample casper tests. Some questions from one website I just encountered was so difficult such as affirmative action, and reason for preserving seats for the aboriginal..etc which I am not familiar of these events/potential solutions.

I have an exam this Sunday, and I'm worried if they are going to ask some of these unfamiliar social issues although it would depend on each test.

Does anyone recommend delaying the exam to go over all the current social issues as much as possible? :sorry: ( I have been only reading some ethics, and doing practice Qs )

Last edited:
Yes, the questions are standard so the hardest part will be articulating your answers in such a short amount of time. Honestly I just took the sample test on the website & looked at some youtube videos the morning of and it was fine. Like the user above me said, BeMo has a lot of sample videos on youtube that you could check out. I would practice typing quickly as your main priority, and maybe compile a list of useful phrases & adjectives.
Do you know of any other sample videos out there for CASPer? Just starting to think in advance, BeMo ones are a good start so thanks for that!