Quadricep Contusion Complications-Help please

Started by ivann92
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivann92

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
5 days ago, I received a blow to my left quad(about 9 inches above my knee) while playing soccer. I continued playing hurt(because I'm an idiot) which probably caused some complications and shortly after the game ended I got very tight. I iced the knee at a 90 degree angle several times(should have iced more). The next morning, the muscle around the knee was swollen and I could not bend my leg more that 90 degrees, so I graded it a level 2 contusion. Now, there is only a little pain when I apply pressure on the muscle. HOWEVER, I feel sometimes a SLIGHT prickling sensation/numbing down my left leg. I tried to run a little today and it got worse so I had to stop. If i get up and sit down a few times, I will feel the tingling just a bit. I am assuming that the problem is with the sciatic nerve. I don't have any history of these symptoms. Does anyone have any idea of a diagnosis? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.
 
Closing this thread - please remember these forums are not to be used to ask for medical advice.

To the OP - please seek the advice of a PT or physician in person, not via forums.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.