Quadricep Contusion Complications-Help please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivann92

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
5 days ago, I received a blow to my left quad(about 9 inches above my knee) while playing soccer. I continued playing hurt(because I'm an idiot) which probably caused some complications and shortly after the game ended I got very tight. I iced the knee at a 90 degree angle several times(should have iced more). The next morning, the muscle around the knee was swollen and I could not bend my leg more that 90 degrees, so I graded it a level 2 contusion. Now, there is only a little pain when I apply pressure on the muscle. HOWEVER, I feel sometimes a SLIGHT prickling sensation/numbing down my left leg. I tried to run a little today and it got worse so I had to stop. If i get up and sit down a few times, I will feel the tingling just a bit. I am assuming that the problem is with the sciatic nerve. I don't have any history of these symptoms. Does anyone have any idea of a diagnosis? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Closing this thread - please remember these forums are not to be used to ask for medical advice.

To the OP - please seek the advice of a PT or physician in person, not via forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.