quality of military physician

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scrupulous79

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was told by many people that most military physicians who end up staying beyond their obligations are most likely incompetent and can't compete in the civilian sector. Is this true?
My friend who is a captain in the U.S. Army quite literally lost faith in the military physicians and took his kid to be seen by civilian doctor who fix the problem in less than 30 minutes (surgery). This is after when military doc told him his son have 50% of recovery and will need permanent catheter if it become unsuccessful....

Members don't see this ad.

Although what you mention is one of the reasons why physicians stay, there are other reasons.

So bottom line, there are some quality physicians who remain beyond their committment.

Members don't see this ad :)
militarymd said:
Although what you mention is one of the reasons why physicians stay, there are other reasons.

So bottom line, there are some quality physicians who remain beyond their committment.

Did I hear a positive comment from MilitaryMD?! :eek:

;)

The chairman of anesthesiology at Iowa was Air Force, the director of the cornea service here served 23 years in Navy, and one of the retina fellows is a LT COL in the Army.

militarymd said:

Are you talking about yourself? :D Is it fair enough assume that vast majority is below the quality then? :eek:

scrupulous79 said:
Are you talking about yourself? :D Is it fair enough assume that vast majority is below the quality then? :eek:

i hope for your sake you aren't trolling. :cool: :)

anytime i see "many" and "most" used that many times in a statement, i tend to bea bit wary. and incompetent docs are everywhere, they're not limited to the military by any means :)

scrupulous79 said:

No, not me....I'm getting out.

Although I must say that if you are good at being a physician and enjoy being a doctor, it is very difficult to make the decision to stay.

There is an inherent philosophical difference between medicine and MILITARY MEDICINE.

No, not me....I'm getting out.

Thank God! :D

Although I must say that if you are good at being a physician and enjoy being a doctor, it is very difficult to make the decision to stay.

So are you're saying is that any military physician serving beyond his commitment is lousy?

Rotatores