Quality Stipends, Fellowships for PhD's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psycholytic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Does anyone have some input on quality stipends , grants or fellowships for PhD's at professional schools?

Appreciate your input;)

Members don't see this ad.

I am curious as to what to expect from non-professional schools as well, so any info relating to that would be very much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
The idea of a quality financial package would seem to run counter to the purpose of a professional stand alone school (i.e., to make money). Not judging their quality, which I know nothing about, but they can't stay in business by giving out generous aid packages. I don't know of any.

The idea of a quality financial package would seem to run counter to the purpose of a professional stand alone school (i.e., to make money). Not judging their quality, which I know nothing about, but they can't stay in business by giving out generous aid packages. I don't know of any.

I know, I did actually not mean financial package, but more stipend opportunities.
Sorry if that came across as if I was asking for the same that students expect from traditional schools.

I am curious as to what to expect from non-professional schools as well, so any info relating to that would be very much appreciated!

Hi

You can find some of that info in the hot discussion section of the thread that deals with new rule-professional/traditional schools too.

The stipends coming from professional schools is little to none. At least, I say this relative to what you'd accrue in debt.

Most professional schools cost multiple thousands per semester and may offer a couple thousand in stipends/scholarships. It's really not much to make a dent in the final cost you'll have in loans (unless of course you can pay the tuition out of pocket).

With most professional schools - BIG debt is the scary part.