Quantitative Reasoning on the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

axe-e-dental

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, had a question regarding the quantitative reasoning section of the DAT, particularly about the quantitative comparison questions. On the actual DAT, how hard would you say they were on a scale of 5? I'm having a lot of trouble with such questions for some reason. I've never been exposed to them before and they are completely new to me. I have gone through the Math Destroyer exams 1 through 12 so far and none showed up in there so when I took the BootCamp practice exam 6 and 7, they took me by surprise. So if you guys have any tips, lessons, suggestions, or links to practice problems, feel free to share. My DAT test date is coming up soon (less than 2 weeks) and I want to get in more practice for such problems but I don't know where to look for examples.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, had a question regarding the quantitative reasoning section of the DAT, particularly about the quantitative comparison questions. On the actual DAT, how hard would you say they were on a scale of 5? I'm having a lot of trouble with such questions for some reason. I've never been exposed to them before and they are completely new to me. I have gone through the Math Destroyer exams 1 through 12 so far and none showed up in there so when I took the BootCamp practice exam 6 and 7, they took me by surprise. So if you guys have any tips, lessons, suggestions, or links to practice problems, feel free to share. My DAT test date is coming up soon (less than 2 weeks) and I want to get in more practice for such problems but I don't know where to look for examples.
Quantitative comparison questions are part of the GRE exam. Any GRE book will give you more practice problems.

Attachments

• Problems and Solutions QC 2017.pdf
    446.2 KB · Views: 284
I did download that file from another post and do those questions. Frankly, I didn't do too well especially on the "Statement" questions. Do you have more such questions, by any chance?

I did download that file from another post and do those questions. Frankly, I didn't do too well especially on the "Statement" questions. Do you have more such questions, by any chance?
Data sufficiency questions are GMAT style questions. Any GMAT book will contain many of these questions

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't gone through these yet but here is a link to some quantitative comparison problems:
GRE Math Quantitative Comparisons : Practice tests and explanations

Also if you go to the DAT Bootcamp website and go to the quantitative reasoning section under classroom then click on QR strategy (on the left hand side of the screen) you should see "New QR Questions for the 2017 DAT", this has some advice on the new QC problems as well as a link to some helpful websites.

Reactions: 1 user
Khan academy has some videos that explain how to approach these types of questions. When I first started studying for QR i had no idea how to approach these types of questions but now I am getting most of them right! Watch videos 88-94!

Reactions: 2 users