Question about AADSAS FAP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted922378

So I sent in the paper work for FAP around May 20th or so when they started accepting paper work for assistance. The Program Instruction I downloaded says it takes 4-5 business days to process the work for approval or denial. Did they start processing on May as they receive paperwork or on June 5th? Do you get an email or some sort of notification regarding approval status?

Members don't see this ad.

So I sent in the paper work for FAP around May 20th or so when they started accepting paper work for assistance. The Program Instruction I downloaded says it takes 4-5 business days to process the work for approval or denial. Did they start processing on May as they receive paperwork or on June 5th? Do you get an email or some sort of notification regarding approval status?
I believe they began reviewing apps in May as they received them. I mailed mine last week and haven't received any notification about them getting my app. Probably will send out an email next week if i hear nothing from them this week

Reactions: 1 user
I sent an email out yesterday because I also submitted my FAP around May 20, I'll keep you guys updated if i hear back from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent mine in on the 15th and still haven't heard anything. Yesterday was the first day they said they would inform people

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

I believe they began reviewing apps in May as they received them. I mailed mine last week and haven't received any notification about them getting my app. Probably will send out an email next week if i hear nothing from them this week

I sent an email out yesterday because I also submitted my FAP around May 20, I'll keep you guys updated if i hear back from them.

I sent mine in on the 15th and still haven't heard anything. Yesterday was the first day they said they would inform people

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

On my app I am now unable to submit because they are reviewing my app. You have to cancel you FAP to submit, so they at least received mine,

I just got approved for FAP by email!

Reactions: 1 users
I just got approved an hour or two ago by email. They should be processing right now

I got approved around 2pm. For anyone else who was wondering if you submitted in May, they said they'll let you know by this friday,

Sent in by mail on 5/16, got approved by e-mail about 2 hours ago.

Just got approved for the FAP, sent the financial info by standard mail exactly one week ago! Got a question, schools that waive the supplemental fee for FAP students require documentation for proof..what documentation are we supposed to use? The email we received from AADSAS?

Just got approved for the FAP, sent the financial info by standard mail exactly one week ago! Got a question, schools that waive the supplemental fee for FAP students require documentation for proof..what documentation are we supposed to use? The email we received from AADSAS?
The approval email you received from AADSAS is the documentation they want. You just forward that email to the schools as proof to have the supplemental fee waived.

I mailed in my documents on Tuesday, May 29th but I haven't heard anything back. I emailed to see if they even received my papers but no response. Do you guys know if they are still reviewing papers from May?

I mailed in my documents on Tuesday, May 29th but I haven't heard anything back. I emailed to see if they even received my papers but no response. Do you guys know if they are still reviewing papers from May?
I mailed mine in Friday June 1st, was approved exactly one week later on Friday June 8th. See if you can call them to see what's up with your status

I mailed mine in Friday June 1st, was approved exactly one week later on Friday June 8th. See if you can call them to see what's up with your status

They don’t have a phone number I also tried to call ADEA application services and they told me to keep emailing them. I emailed them 3 times so far and no answer still!

Just wanted to give an update for those yet to apply this cycle and applicants in future cycles. If you even remotely think you may qualify for fee assistance, apply for it! You can receive supplemental fee waivers from a majority of schools.

Schools that I've applied to that offer fee waivers
Minnesota/$85
Iowa/$60
Creighton/$60
UNMC/$60
Marquette/$45
Michigan/$75
Case Western/$60
Colorado/$65
Roseman/$75
Midwestern IL/$50
Midwestern AZ/$50
LECOM/$50

Schools that didn't
Louisville
UMKC
Howard

All in all, I saved $905 in supplemental fees and $449 in primary fees, for a total saving of $1354. I had to delay submitting my application for a week, but it was well worth it in the end!