• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Question about Acceptances

ru19x

10+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2004
    Hi guys,

I just got accepted to St. Louis University, but it isn't my first school of choice. I am still waiting for a response from UCDavis. If I signed the SLU's letter of intent and send them the $100 dollar check, would I be obligated to attend SLU, even if UCDavis decides to accept me later on? How will I be able to hold on to the SLU seat while waiting for a reply from UCDavis? I hope you guys can help. Thanks.

Larsitron

Mac Addict
    10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Feb 4, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    1. Medical Student
      My understanding is that you can hold as many acceptances as you like until May 15 when AAMC guidelines say that you should just hold one place. The two weeks or so most schools give you is just to decide if you accept the place they've offered you. That's just from the reading of my acceptance letter and the impression I've gotten from admissions deans.

Dr. AYY

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Nov 9, 2004
      Florida
        ru19x said:
        Hi guys,

I just got accepted to St. Louis University, but it isn't my first school of choice. I am still waiting for a response from UCDavis. If I signed the SLU's letter of intent and send them the $100 dollar check, would I be obligated to attend SLU, even if UCDavis decides to accept me later on? How will I be able to hold on to the SLU seat while waiting for a reply from UCDavis? I hope you guys can help. Thanks.

Hey there,

Well you are allowed to hold onto multiple seats until May 15th. That is D-Day (Decision Day). You are only allowed to hold one seat in a medical school after that date. But, out of courtisy to others I would recommend making the withdrawels from places you are sure you don't want to be as soon as you come to that decison. Good Luck.

P.S. You are not officially obligated to go to the school you sent the letter of intent to, but it means you have a strong comitment to that decision

About the Ads
        About the Ads
        This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.