Question about Admission to Pharm School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WannabePharm88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been researching about this, but I cannot find it.

Okay, here's my question about admission.

I heard that there is a certain about of year was passed after you took pre-req courses, you have to re-take it in order to apply for Pharm school.

Do you any of you know about this? or I have the wrong information?

Because I have to stay in my home country for 2 years and 2 months for active duty -- I am an international student.

If I do that, I have to re-start my whole pre-req again, which I do not want to.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

for the pharm schools in MI, its about 5-6 years (last time i checked when i was applying). If this is the amount of years passed since your last science/math class, then yes, you do have to re-take the course. But if you can demonstrate that you've kept up with the science field (i.e. did research during that time, etc) then you might not have to. All this info can be looked up depending on what college you want to apply to (i also believe that the PharmCAS site has school info like this too) and also by contacting the school.

Every school has different standards, but on average most of them will not give you credit for pre-reqs that are over 6-7 years old. If you think this is going to be a problem i would spend some time researching the colleges you are interested in, or call the schools and ask. Everytime I have called a school with a question they have been more than willing to answer my questions, or at least point me in the right direction to the person who could.