Question about Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spidermonkey11

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received an acceptance letter from Albany last week and I'm a little confused about something.

In the letter it says "In order to confirm your place in the freshman class that will matriculate in September 2004, we ask that you complete the following steps:..."

It then goes on to list five things.
Then it says: "Should you decide not to accept our offer of admission, please let us know in writing as soon as possible, but no later than two weeks from the date of this letter."

Then on another sheet it says: "I understand that [the $100 deposit] will be applied toward my tuition; that should I withdraw my acceptance on or before May 15, 2004 it will be fully refunded..."

At one point it makes it sound like I have to decide in two weeks whether or not I want to attend this school and then at another point it makes it sound like every other school where I have until May 15th to decide.

Is every school the same with the May 15th date or do some schools actually want an answer in two weeks?

Members don't see this ad.

respond quick. its like placing a deposit to reverse a spot on a trip. so when you pay you hold a spot to the school. when may rolls around and everyone has to pick a single school thats when you decide whether you want to go somewhere else and not albany (if that applies to you that is).

congratulations man.

just out of curiousity, when did you interview? I'm just trying to gauge when I might hear from them...

Thanks!

thanks for all the help/advise!

I interviewed on January 22nd and got my letter in the mail on February 3rd, a phone call from one of my interviewers on February 4th, and a letter from the other interviewer on February 5th!