Question about anesthesiology assistant school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

mr.applesauce

How difficult/challenging is anesthesiology assistant school compared to medical school? I understand AA school is very challenging, but I'm possibly dropping out of med school because of my grades and I need a back up. I considered AA school before but ultimately I chose medicine because becoming a doctor was my first choice.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you fine with being restricted just to the 17 states that an AA can work in?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you aren't doing well in med school, how do you think AA school will be for you? AA/CRNA programs are pretty tough from my understanding.

Reactions: 1 user
If you aren't doing well in med school, how do you think AA school will be for you? AA/CRNA programs are pretty tough from my understanding.

Are you saying AA school is just as difficult as medical school? That's a little hard to believe honestly. I'm not avoiding a challenge. But there's being challenged and then there's not being able to graduate.

Are you saying AA school is just as difficult as medical school? That's a little hard to believe honestly. I'm not avoiding a challenge. But there's being challenged and then there's not being able to graduate.

I'm left wondering why you needed to ask the question in the first place if you already feel like it would be absurd to assume AA school wouldn't be as difficult for you as medical school. Did you stumble across your answer just now?

We have no idea if you are really bad at medical school, or just kind of bad at it. Apparently you are aiming for being anesthesiologist assistant bad, but not bad enough to be RN bad, or else that would put you in a tax bracket that you just can't tolerate, right? I take it you are worse off than being Caribbean medical school bad. Chiropractic bad?....I hope not.

But seriously... how is anyone supposed to know how well you would do? If you bristle at the notion that AA school would be as demanding as medical school, then there's your answer. But I'm not sure how AA programs would feel about your background. Maybe they just want revenue, and would pick you up without thinking twice.

Well...only you can say if it is just as difficult or not. It depends on how well you do in school. If med school is too difficult for you, why would you assume AA school would be easy? I don't understand why people think medical school is the most difficult and rigorous of all professional academic programs? It depends on the individual. I only have PA school and a doctorate program to compare, but for me O-chem in undergrad was probably harder then PA school and my doctorate program. Sure there is a lot of information to master in med school/PA school/etc...but that doesn't mean it was the hardest information to learn for everyone.

Reactions: 1 user