Question about Blacklisting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

examsandyams

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I didn't know if this qualified at a re-applicant question, but I thought it'd make most sense to post here. If a person were to submit 20 DO primaries, then choose to submit 15 secondaries, and then not get into any school, would he or she be blacklisted at the other 5 schools that the secondary wasn't sent to and/or all DO schools in general? Curious because I'm figuring out which schools I want to submit secondaries to but obviously don't want to cut any schools out if I could be considered blacklisted the next application round.

What about if someone didn't attend an interview? Would they be blacklisted at the school and/or all DOs then?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I just don't want to make a huge mistake, so I just wanted to check. Thanks!
 
Last edited:
You would not be "blacklisted" in any way shape or form.

One would have a harder time getting into DO schools if they were to be accepted, then choose not to attend in favor of trying to get into a better school or different school in a subsequent cycle, and were then asked if they had ever been accepted to another medical school.

If you choose not to attend an interview, I suppose that particular school would not be apt to interview you the following year, but there would be no other consequences.