Question about Blacklisting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

examsandyams

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I didn't know if this qualified at a re-applicant question, but I thought it'd make most sense to post here. If a person were to submit 20 DO primaries, then choose to submit 15 secondaries, and then not get into any school, would he or she be blacklisted at the other 5 schools that the secondary wasn't sent to and/or all DO schools in general? Curious because I'm figuring out which schools I want to submit secondaries to but obviously don't want to cut any schools out if I could be considered blacklisted the next application round.

What about if someone didn't attend an interview? Would they be blacklisted at the school and/or all DOs then?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I just don't want to make a huge mistake, so I just wanted to check. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You would not be "blacklisted" in any way shape or form.

One would have a harder time getting into DO schools if they were to be accepted, then choose not to attend in favor of trying to get into a better school or different school in a subsequent cycle, and were then asked if they had ever been accepted to another medical school.

If you choose not to attend an interview, I suppose that particular school would not be apt to interview you the following year, but there would be no other consequences.