question about cdp scoring?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chemboy23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I just took my last CDP test (random test option) and made a 21 overall. My test is tomorrow. I was wondering how exactly they grade your PATs. Are some answers worth more or something? If you add your total #correct/90 *30 = about 3-4 points higher than what CDP says.

For example here were my last test scores:

13 - Keyhole
14 - TFE
10 - Angles :eek:
15 - Hole Punch
14 - Cubes
10 - Pattern Folding
___
76/90=0.84444(30)=25.33333 CDP result=21

So, why the huge difference, anyone???

Members don't see this ad.

its not graded by a percentage of 30. Its a standardized score. The majority is the average. Also, every question is worth the same amount.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a little confused why everyone struggles so much with angles? :confused: I consistenyl get 14 or 15 on angles...i struggle it seems like a lot with TFE and sometimes hole punching. Generally angles are my favorite and the easiest section for me..on kaplan and CDP.

I'm a little confused why everyone struggles so much with angles? :confused: I consistenyl get 14 or 15 on angles...i struggle it seems like a lot with TFE and sometimes hole punching. Generally angles are my favorite and the easiest section for me..on kaplan and CDP.

That's great, what's your secret? I have trouble with obtuse angles especially when they mirror them against the other which makes it even harder to compare

That's great, what's your secret? I have trouble with obtuse angles especially when they mirror them against the other which makes it even harder to compare
I remember a year ago when I was just reading up on some DAT stuff in the Barron's book, I saw a strategy they suggested which was two compare the very inner portion of the angle against another one. If you look very closely at just the inner angle ( as close as you can get without the lines coming together) then you can easily compare two what seem to be similar triangles. Trust me, it works so well for me anytime!!! When I think two angles are the SO close...I jsut look at that interior corner on both...and instantly you raelize how truly different they are. Good luck!!!

can u explain what you mean by as close as you can get without the lines coming together?

can u explain what you mean by as close as you can get without the lines coming together?
well if you just look at the inside of the angle...the very area before the tip of the angle...and compare that to another angle...its usually a lot easier to see the difference.