Question About Course Load

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mysteriousCIA

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the fall semester, i want to take
Organic Chemistry II
Calculus II

Is this too light considering that i will be working 48 hours per week as a registered Nurse in a hospital and i'm already burnt out from other things? I want to make A's in these 2 areas.
Or do u think i should add
Macro Economics?
I just feel that Economics will require a lot of reading and may jeopardise my chances of making A's in the other 2 classes.
Thanks for ur in-put.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mysteriousCIA said:
but will it look bad if i just take the 2 classes?

Probably not if you demonstrate other areas of activities (work, family, volunteering, etc). I was asked about that in my interviews, but after explaining the job I do and the hours I work, it was a non-issue.
 
mysteriousCIA said:
but will it look bad if i just take the 2 classes?

it would look good if u could do all 3 and ace them. besides, economics is not a very hard subject even though it requires some reading. but that's just my 2 cents.
 
Both of those classes are demanding, and it depends on what you are willing to carry. The more classes you carry, the stronger you will look. I think it's implied that more hours than 16, will generally cause an overall lower gpa. There's only 24 hours in a day you know?

I agree that both of those classes will keep you busy, especially if you are working full time. I wouldn't worry too much about it if you have an academic history of taking solid credit loads, consistently, while you were in nursing school.
 
PRINCESS_IJ said:
it would look good if u could do all 3 and ace them. besides, economics is not a very hard subject even though it requires some reading. but that's just my 2 cents.
Economics was one of my hardest subjects LOL!!!
 
mysteriousCIA said:
For the fall semester, i want to take
Organic Chemistry II
Calculus II

Is this too light considering that i will be working 48 hours per week as a registered Nurse in a hospital and i'm already burnt out from other things? I want to make A's in these 2 areas.
Or do u think i should add
Macro Economics?
I just feel that Economics will require a lot of reading and may jeopardise my chances of making A's in the other 2 classes.
Thanks for ur in-put.

This is going to be brutal for you but i dont think it's that bad, it depends on how you manage your time, if you're good with math, calculus II and econ shouldnt be a problem ...........if you did good in Calculus I, Calculus II shouldn't be a problem at all, and MacroEcon is fairlly easy.......but if you want to be on the safe side, stick with Ochem II and Calc II..........