Question About Course Load

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mysteriousCIA

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the fall semester, i want to take
Organic Chemistry II
Calculus II

Is this too light considering that i will be working 48 hours per week as a registered Nurse in a hospital and i'm already burnt out from other things? I want to make A's in these 2 areas.
Or do u think i should add
Macro Economics?
I just feel that Economics will require a lot of reading and may jeopardise my chances of making A's in the other 2 classes.
Thanks for ur in-put.

Members don't see this ad.

but will it look bad if i just take the 2 classes?

Members don't see this ad :)
mysteriousCIA said:

Probably not if you demonstrate other areas of activities (work, family, volunteering, etc). I was asked about that in my interviews, but after explaining the job I do and the hours I work, it was a non-issue.

mysteriousCIA said:

it would look good if u could do all 3 and ace them. besides, economics is not a very hard subject even though it requires some reading. but that's just my 2 cents.

Both of those classes are demanding, and it depends on what you are willing to carry. The more classes you carry, the stronger you will look. I think it's implied that more hours than 16, will generally cause an overall lower gpa. There's only 24 hours in a day you know?

I agree that both of those classes will keep you busy, especially if you are working full time. I wouldn't worry too much about it if you have an academic history of taking solid credit loads, consistently, while you were in nursing school.

PRINCESS_IJ said:
it would look good if u could do all 3 and ace them. besides, economics is not a very hard subject even though it requires some reading. but that's just my 2 cents.
Economics was one of my hardest subjects LOL!!!

mysteriousCIA said:
For the fall semester, i want to take
Organic Chemistry II
Calculus II

Is this too light considering that i will be working 48 hours per week as a registered Nurse in a hospital and i'm already burnt out from other things? I want to make A's in these 2 areas.
Or do u think i should add
Macro Economics?
I just feel that Economics will require a lot of reading and may jeopardise my chances of making A's in the other 2 classes.
Thanks for ur in-put.

This is going to be brutal for you but i dont think it's that bad, it depends on how you manage your time, if you're good with math, calculus II and econ shouldnt be a problem ...........if you did good in Calculus I, Calculus II shouldn't be a problem at all, and MacroEcon is fairlly easy.......but if you want to be on the safe side, stick with Ochem II and Calc II..........