Question About CVS Training CD's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AmandiLee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For anyone who has used the training CD's at CVS, could I ask you a few questions?

1) Can you load them on different computers? I'm at one of my jobs right now where I have some spare computer time, but I don't want to put the CD's in here if I can't at home, as well.

2) Does it log my time in for paying-during-training purposes or do I have to keep track of my time?

3) Do you need to be logged into the internet to use them? I have a 56k modem at home, so this might present a problem.

4) Did your pharmacists tell you how long they should take to go through? When I stopped at CVS to pick them up, the pharmacy was extraordinarily busy, so I didn't get a chance to ask my boss any questions.

Thanks for any help! :)

OT: I did find out that I am required to go to a Pharmacy Service Associate class and then have a day's worth of "success" training from the store manager. Hopefully the class won't be too long. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Are you interning? If so, you'll only be paid for 6-7 hours for all the CDs.
eg:
Rx2000 Basics
PSA Precertification
3rd party insurance
HIPAA
AIMRx
4th year undergrad intern assessmet

Personally, these all took me about 10-15 hours. :( Keep track of your hours just in case though, you might have a generous store manager or intern coordinator that will pay for however long you take. :D

Are you interning? If so, you'll only be paid for 6-7 hours for all the CDs.
eg:
Rx2000 Basics
PSA Precertification
3rd party insurance
HIPAA
AIMRx
4th year undergrad intern assessmet

Personally, these all took me about 10-15 hours. :( Keep track of your hours just in case though, you might have a generous store manager or intern coordinator that will pay for however long you take. :D

I only have 2 CD's:
HIPAARx
Third Party Billing Compliance Training

But it's not an internship, it's just a PSA position that will eventually lead to a Pharm Tech position.

Members don't see this ad :)
1) Can you load them on different computers? I'm at one of my jobs right now where I have some spare computer time, but I don't want to put the CD's in here if I can't at home, as well.
- yes, you can load them on different computers. the program will need your social security in order to give you a completion code once you are done with the modules. if you start on one computer, you have to finish on that computer. you can load the program on other computers but it will not continue from the point where you left off from another computer.

2) Does it log my time in for paying-during-training purposes or do I have to keep track of my time?
- it does not keep a track of your time. it gives you a completion code based on your social security.

3) Do you need to be logged into the internet to use them? I have a 56k modem at home, so this might present a problem.
- you do not need internet connection.

4) Did your pharmacists tell you how long they should take to go through? When I stopped at CVS to pick them up, the pharmacy was extraordinarily busy, so I didn't get a chance to ask my boss any questions.
- they will tell you that each module should take roughly an hour.

Wow, CVS gives you CDs you can use in different computers? That must be awesome. I work at Rite Aid and all of my "training" is on their computer's 'web browser.' It sucks. Plus, I never have time to finish it all b/c I have to do it while I'm at work...and I never have time b/c I'm w o r k i n g. Imagine that! RA sucks sometimes lol

-Tiff

when i did the cd's, i loaded them onto one computer. I believe you have to use the same computer if you're going to start a module and come back to it later. As for the pay, my district trainer paid me a base rate. i think 3 or 4 hrs pay, they only took me like an hour tho.

Good Luck,

joe

Hey. I have to send in the codes for AIMRx and Rx200 Advanced to my trainer but I have no idea which ones they are on my list of codes. If possible, could someone just list theirs so I have a better idea in figuring out which one to send in. Thanks.

I was told to go through them at home and record the confirmation numbers at the end and there was no pay for that. You're lucky that you're getting formal training. I remember my first time at the job, they just had me hop to it and learn by observing the other technicians since it would cut the cost of having the tech trainer come in. It was quite a hassle at first.

Are you working at a pharmacy near VCU or back home?