Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Question about D.O. and applying

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by MedCruiser1, Jul 25, 2001.

1. MedCruiser1

MedCruiser1 Junior Member

Hi,

I am thinking of applying to D.O. schools and I don't have any D.O-related experience. I have a lot of medical experience, but none while shadowing a D.O. Also, I don't have any letters of recommendation from a D.O. Is it okay if I submit letters of recommendation without one coming from a D.O.? Also, I was wondering where and how does a D.O work and set-up practice. Are patients ever discouraged since you aren't an MD? Thanks for any info.

MedCruiser1

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Medic171

Medic171 Senior Member

Medical Student
    yes, you can apply without D.O. recs. I urge you not to. Your chances will be low with no knowledge of osteopathic medicine. Go out and read about it, learn about it, and experience it. Then, if you are interesred, apply. It will save you time and money if you do not like it, and it will help you in admissions if you do!

4. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic!
    Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Attending Physician
    Due to popular demand, I'll move this over to the Pre-Osteo forum for ya. :D