Question about diy post bacc gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uhwhatdoidonow

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am preparing to do a DIY post bacc to apply for the 2020 cycle. I have a question, however, as it pertains to GPA. My cGPA was around a 3.1 gpa and my sGPA was a 2.5 - note: I didn't finish all my premed requirements before graduating and the ones I did take they are average grades

I posted on the non-trad about my profile and was told to do a DIY post bacc.

My question is, however, are grades from DIY post bacc counted in my cGPA and sGPA from undergrad, or are these independent from a DIY post bacc gpa. I'm just a little confused by the technicalities.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
They will be incorporated in your cGPA and sGPA.

Reactions: 1 users
They’ll count towards your undergraduate GPA(s) provided they’re undergrad courses. Some schools offer graduate credit for certain undergrad classes but those will be listed as 5000+

AACOMAS will have it all separated out for you, undergrad, post bacc, grad. But then it’ll have a specific column where it averages out your traditional undergrad and post bacc together.

TMDSAS does not have a separate column for post bacc so it gets counted as part of your undergrad GPA.

I believe AMCAS does the same thing as TMDSAS. I’ll have a definitive answer after next Thursday when AMCAS opens for submission.

I hope that helps!

They’ll count towards your undergraduate GPA(s) provided they’re undergrad courses. Some schools offer graduate credit for certain undergrad classes but those will be listed as 5000+

AACOMAS will have it all separated out for you, undergrad, post bacc, grad. But then it’ll have a specific column where it averages out your traditional undergrad and post bacc together.

TMDSAS does not have a separate column for post bacc so it gets counted as part of your undergrad GPA.

I believe AMCAS does the same thing as TMDSAS. I’ll have a definitive answer after next Thursday when AMCAS opens for submission.

I hope that helps!

AMCAS does average them together but they will presented as separate lines. So undergrad GPA will be distinguished from PB gpa.

Reactions: 1 user