This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beyoutiful_sunshine

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I'm a little bit confused about early decision...
Some schools seem to say on their website that they do early decision, but when looking at the profile of the school on PTCAS, it says that they do not participate in early decision. I was wondering: is there a difference between PTCAS early decision vs the school's own early decision process?

Also, if you choose to apply for early decision, you can only apply to one school, right?

Members don't see this ad.

The schools may not have updated their requirements on PTCAS like they have on their websites, but to make sure, I would email or call the schools directly whether or not they participate in early decision.
As far as I know, you can only apply to one school for early decision through PTCAS. I think in around September, if you do not get accepted to the school you applied for, you can apply to more schools.

Go with what it says on the school's website. Lots of program-specific info on PTCAS is bogus.

Members don't see this ad :)
The deadline for applications for early decision is August 15th, with GRE scores requested no later than July 31st. The schools have to let you know by September 26th. I would recommend submitting your application as soon as possible.

The deadline for applications for early decision is August 15th, with GRE scores requested no later than July 31st. The schools have to let you know by September 26th. I would recommend submitting your application as soon as possible.

Thanks for the info! I'm shooting to have it submitted early August!