question about grade updates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

X-9

secret agent man
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's kinda late asking this now, but what do you think about updating schools with less-than-stellar grades while sitting on waitlists? For instance, I applied with a ~3.8 gpa. Now I'm still sitting on a bunch of waitlists but I haven't updated schools with my grades for my senior year because I've gotten all B's in my bio courses (and a few A's in senior random stuff). You think it's better to send in a senior year's worth of crappy grades or to not send in any new grades?

Members don't see this ad.

X-9 said:
I know it's kinda late asking this now, but what do you think about updating schools with less-than-stellar grades while sitting on waitlists? For instance, I applied with a ~3.8 gpa. Now I'm still sitting on a bunch of waitlists but I haven't updated schools with my grades for my senior year because I've gotten all B's in my bio courses (and a few A's in senior random stuff). You think it's better to send in a senior year's worth of crappy grades or to not send in any new grades?

I think updates are good if you can share something that will enhance your application. I wouldn't mess with the grade updates if your GPA is just going down. Your GPA likely was not the weakness in your application anyway so you probably dont need to address that portion.