X-9

secret agent man
10+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2006
Status
Medical Student
I know it's kinda late asking this now, but what do you think about updating schools with less-than-stellar grades while sitting on waitlists? For instance, I applied with a ~3.8 gpa. Now I'm still sitting on a bunch of waitlists but I haven't updated schools with my grades for my senior year because I've gotten all B's in my bio courses (and a few A's in senior random stuff). You think it's better to send in a senior year's worth of crappy grades or to not send in any new grades?

MissCutie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 21, 2005
Status
X-9 said:
I know it's kinda late asking this now, but what do you think about updating schools with less-than-stellar grades while sitting on waitlists? For instance, I applied with a ~3.8 gpa. Now I'm still sitting on a bunch of waitlists but I haven't updated schools with my grades for my senior year because I've gotten all B's in my bio courses (and a few A's in senior random stuff). You think it's better to send in a senior year's worth of crappy grades or to not send in any new grades?
I think updates are good if you can share something that will enhance your application. I wouldn't mess with the grade updates if your GPA is just going down. Your GPA likely was not the weakness in your application anyway so you probably dont need to address that portion.