Question about grades and retakes.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uncinmyheart

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question; I haven't been through the whole PHARMCAS application system yet, but if you repeated some of your pre-requisite classes, does pharmcas take the average grade of those courses? Like, if you take a course and you get an F the first time, then repeat it, and get an A, does pharmcas record that grade as a C ? Do you have to document every single attempt of that course and what grade you got, and then pharmacas takes the average of it? Just wondering.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question; I haven't been through the whole PHARMCAS application system yet, but if you repeated some of your pre-requisite classes, does pharmcas take the average grade of those courses? Like, if you take a course and you get an F the first time, then repeat it, and get an A, does pharmcas record that grade as a C ? Do you have to document every single attempt of that course and what grade you got, and then pharmacas takes the average of it? Just wondering.

You document every single course you took and the grade and pharmcas takes care of the rest averaging everything for you and calculating your GPA. The schools see the grades of every class not just the retake, plus they have your transcripts.

Okay, so if i repeated a course, whatever number of times you repeated it, do you put down every single grade that you got with every attempt? Or do you just put down the course and the last grade that you got in it (assuming you repeated it for the second time)?

Okay, so if i repeated a course, whatever number of times you repeated it, do you put down every single grade that you got with every attempt? Or do you just put down the course and the last grade that you got in it (assuming you repeated it for the second time)?

Yes, and your PharmCAS GPA will reflect those lower grades.