Question about interview...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moodle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I write music in my free time using garageband on my mac and I've published a few CD's in the past. It's mainly contemporary classical music and people seem to like listening to it. I wrote about music in my personal statement and I listed it as an artistic endeavor on my AMCAS.

If my interviewer brings up the topic of my music, should I give him/her one of my CD's? If I do, would this seem weird?

What would you guys do?

Thanks for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

I write music in my free time using garageband on my mac and I've published a few CD's in the past. It's mainly contemporary classical music and people seem to like listening to it. I wrote about music in my personal statement and I listed it as an artistic endeavor on my AMCAS.

If my interviewer brings up the topic of my music, should I give him/her one of my CD's? If I do, would this seem weird?

What would you guys do?

Thanks for your input!

I probably wouldn't, not unless your interviewer was *really* curious--and you already had a lengthy discussion about it. But to whip it out right away? No.

Members don't see this ad :)
I probably wouldn't, not unless your interviewer was *really* curious--and you already had a lengthy discussion about it. But to whip it out right away? No.

jus sayin -- a woman has never said no to me when i just whipped it out...

but yeah a CD is a bad idea.

I wouldn't do it right off the bat. If it comes up, and the interviewer asks for a copy or a sample, use it as an excuse for a great thank you note or follow up. From what little experience I have, I was asked by an interviewer to submit some poetry I had written, so it's not farfetched... just don't force the issue.

Thanks for all the responses!

Yeah, If they search for me, they'll find my website with all the albums

Like I mentioned, I put the musical activity under "artistic endeavors" on my AMCAS and I wrote that I have published a few CD's. So if they ask me to give them a copy, then I will. But other than that, I guess I wont just....whip it out:thumbup: hahah