Question about LORs--Do they have to science?

Started by aquah
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aquah

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone. The story...I was going to ask my Physics professor for a LOR, but she retired and is unreachable. I got an A+ in the class and she knew me very well. I got A's in my other science classes but they were all from a few years back and my professors did not know me personally. I have a 200 level Psychology class professor that loved me, that I got an A in, and that i did an experiment for that had to do with Physical therapy. Would that be good for an academic LOR over a science LOR?
 
Unless the school specifies that they want a LOR from a specific type of professor then I don't think it really makes a difference. My academic LOR was from my public speaking professor. It was a small class and we got to know each other very well. We actually still keep in touch. I had A's in all of my science prereqs but I don't the professors could even pick me out of a lineup at this point.
 
Most schools will specify whether they want a professor in your major or just a professor. If you find the school in the PTCAS directory, it will tell you what kind of LOR they accept. What really matters is that the person knows on a personal level and can speak well about your work ethic.