Question About Math Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted867660

Question About Math Classes​

Hi friends,

I have a question. I am studying for the MCAT right now and I am very, very tempted to drop my Biostat course, mainly because she assigns 8+ hours of additional asynchronous work outside of class. It's brutal on my schedule and honestly I do not need the class for my major or to graduate, I am only taking it for the two class requirement.
I was thinking about dropping it so I can use the next 40 days to hit the MCAT hard, as I need that time. However, I know some schools require two math courses. I took Calc I as a Freshman but nothing else, even though I do TA for Calculus.
If I took Biostat in the summer (so May - June), would schools that require two math classes be able to see that and have that count? Or is it foolish for me to drop the class, as I limit where I can apply?
Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

For the majority of schools, it’s okay to have some of your prereqs in progress when you’re applying. However, be prepared to explain why you withdrew if it will show up as a W. If it’s early enough to drop it without a W, no big deal.

Reactions: 1 users
For the majority of schools, it’s okay to have some of your prereqs in progress when you’re applying. However, be prepared to explain why you withdrew if it will show up as a W. If it’s early enough to drop it without a W, no big deal.
Nope! It will not be a W, it will be like it was not there at all :)

Thank you!

Reactions: 2 users