question about mental health (HPSP applicant)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted904921

hi everyone,
i'm currently applying for HPSP and the questionnaires ask about seeing a counselor for various reasons like depression/anxiety/adjustment/etc and being treated and evaluated for those mental conditions

i have been diagnosed and treated but i feel hesitant about what to say. i dont want this to risk my chances of being chosen for the HPSP :( i know it's good to be honest but i'm worried it will hurt my chances since there is still such a huge stigma against mental health
please i ask for any tipcs/advice thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

If you lie you put other soldiers at risk

If you lie and get caught you can end up with a dishonorable discharge and financial penalties.

Don’t lie

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They still give out waivers. Apply honestly and you'll have nothing to fear. Imagine having an anxiety attack once you're in-service and worrying that they'll find out you lied on your medical forms. Not. Worth. It.

Reactions: 1 user
If you do not share the truth about your depression/anxiety/adjustment/etc going in...
...you will have to spend a lot of energy and time keeping it covered up. The military is a very hard place to keep things covered up.
...it will be uncovered at a very inopportune time and the result could be a massive problem for you and/or others.

Reactions: 1 user