question about NYU app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

athena21

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
Here's the deal--I submitted my NYU app awhile ago and just got a card saying they're holding it pending receipt of one of my forms (guess I forgot to submit it). Anyway, I'm took the August MCAT but didn't tell them because I didn't want to delay the app. Sooo, do you think I should tell them now? I released scores to them, but am scared they might be lower than when I first took the MCAT and of course delay everything...so, should i tell them?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by athena21
hey guys,
Here's the deal--I submitted my NYU app awhile ago and just got a card saying they're holding it pending receipt of one of my forms (guess I forgot to submit it). Anyway, I'm took the August MCAT but didn't tell them because I didn't want to delay the app. Sooo, do you think I should tell them now? I released scores to them, but am scared they might be lower than when I first took the MCAT and of course delay everything...so, should i tell them?

If you want the adcom to consider your August MCAT scores, you need to tell them right away. But then again, if you're pretty certain that you got a lower score than your first attempt, I would just not tell them and let them evaluate you using the first set of scores. You need to decide for yourself whether or not the benefit of an increase in your second MCAT outweighs the cost of the delay of your application.