Question about planned observation hours in the spring...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dms6005

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am going into my senior year in undergrad and currently trying to complete PTCAS. However I have a question about observation hours. I completed 120 hours in an outpatient PT setting last summer. I have been so busy since then that I haven't been able to get another experience under another PT, and I won't be able to do this until this spring 2017. My school requires 240 hours of internship for my degree, and I have no time in the fall (I play soccer for my school) so I will be completing the additional 120 that I need in the spring right before I graduate. I do not know where or who I will be interning under yet.
Will this be detrimental to my application? I know a lot of schools prefer two different settings, but if I don't have that completed until spring, is it too late? And is there a way to put 'planned' observation hours on my application?

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the school. Some do not really care all that much, some require 3 settings, and some are fine with two settings. You can always ask for their preference. If you don't have time, it's out of your control anyways.