Question about Pod school in NY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPMDude

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have read their catalog and have done some research on their website regarding their program details.

You can either start in Jan or August? The Jan class finishes the same time as the one which starts in August, so you end up going about 6 months longer. Is this Jan class designed for those who may not be as competitive as other applicants?

They also offer a pre-matriculation program. Is this also to allow students with lower than average stats get into pod school?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

The prematric program serves 2 purposes. 1. to let students who have not been in school for a while to re-aclimate to studying all the time and 2. if an applicant has something on their app that is not in the average range they can proove themselves to the admin by doing well in the prematric class. So maybe it lets some less than stellar students in but not way below. Usually it is students with a strong interest in Pod school but maybe one low score. If the student has a low MCAT, DAT, GRE and GPA they will not get in no matter what.

The January program is for any student that wants to start in January once accepted. Many people choose this if they graduate in December from college or to take a lighter load and ease into school. The class averages 20ish people.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions about NYCPM please let me know or call them. They are very willing to answer all your questions.
It is a small friendly school.