question about resume

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eagleye2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, let me preface this with saying that I'm not sure if on the med school application you explicitly put your resume on there but I have a quick question about mine. I always went by the golden standard that the resume should be no longer than one page long but my pre-med advisor is very adamant that I need to make mine longer, preferably 1.5-2 pages long. Can any adcoms give some insight on this? Is the 1 page standard only for high school?

Members don't see this ad.

You don't put your resume on the app. Most resumes for college students cap at 1 page, since our experiences tend to be limited and hiring managers run through them quickly.

Reactions: 1 user
You don't put your resume on the app. Most resumes for college students cap at 1 page, since our experiences tend to be limited and hiring managers run through them quickly.

Ok thanks, so I don't necessarily need to worry (in terms of med school) about length since I won't explicitly be "uploading my resume"?

Members don't see this ad :)

Initially I had a resume as well, however I transitioned to a CV which is an expanded more detailed version of a resume. Something to consider so you can continue to build and add new experiences.

please search for threads about the AMCAS application. Your primary app will vary significantly in substance from your CV. While it's good to maintain a collection of your commitments and achievements, what AMCAS asks for is different.