Question about studying for PTCB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DagS132

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently studying for my PTCB exam.

Do the pharmacy-tech-study.com and pharmacy-tech-test.com websites provide enough information to pass this exam? I do well on the practice tests they have on the website but am still very unsure about the actual PTCE.

Not enrolled in any pharmacy tech school. Graduated with Bachelors in Chemistry and working on Bio now.

Members don't see this ad.

I took and passed the PTCE with a reasonably high score.

The only study materials I used were the two websites you listed and some study books. I rented Mosby's Third Edition from Amazon and got the second edition from the library because it came with a CD loaded with practice tests and flashcards.

I felt very prepared for the test and my score reflected that.

I wish you luck in studying and taking the exam!

Sounds good. As for the Mosby's book, how long did it take you to get through it? I was planning on trying to snag a summer job as a technician so that I can pay for some things. But the book itself looks pretty lengthy, might take me an extra month to get through the whole thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I probably only put 30 hours of studying into the whole thing. I would say it shouldn't take too long to get through the book as long as you're diligent about it.

Really? 30 hours? I have put almost the same amount of time into studying for some chem finals. Well... I guess i can get that job this summer.