Question about teens and sexual assault

Started by rph3664
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rph3664

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My pastor and his wife are heavily involved in the human trafficking and anti-prostitution issue, and she has once again posted a link on Facebook about how kids are watching hardcore pornography and imitating what they see, even in late elementary school, and how boys are demanding acts most adults never even heard of a decade ago and that the girls must comply if they want to keep him. I have read several places that some ERs have, in recent years, seen a drastic increase in teenage girls and young women who have been the victims of anal rape, again by the boy"friends" who said they had to do this or else.

Since I no longer work in a hospital, I'm wondering what those of you who do have observed WRT this, or are you?

One thing the website my pastor's wife posted seemed to neglect was that those girls aren't having sex by themselves. 🙄 Some of the sources seemed a bit dubious, but I don't think either of them are making it up when they say that kids readily talk about engaging in some pretty bizarre stuff.

I remember kids talking about their sexual experiences when I was growing up, and most of it was exactly that - talk, especially from the boys.

I've posted this question on other websites and mostly gotten either crickets, or that I need to stop hanging around such weird people.
 
images
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just said that I was skeptical that all this is as prevalent as they say it is, and she replied that an infertility specialist in their town (Nashville) said that he has learned that the FIRST question he needs to ask couples dealing with infertility issues is, "Are you having penis-in-vagina intercourse?" He's found that a huge percentage of them aren't, and many of them don't realize that a man must ejaculate inside a woman in order to have a decent chance of conceiving. 😕

Good grief - I thought most 8-year-olds know that. He did some consults with other fertility specialists and OB/GYNs and said that they are experiencing the same things. :scared: Apparently, these couples think ordinary sex is gross (I'll admit, it can be) and don't engage in it.

Guess it's a good thing that these people aren't having kids, and I sure hope he doesn't proceed with treatments if they do have medical issues.
 
I just said that I was skeptical that all this is as prevalent as they say it is, and she replied that an infertility specialist in their town (Nashville) said that he has learned that the FIRST question he needs to ask couples dealing with infertility issues is, "Are you having penis-in-vagina intercourse?" He's found that a huge percentage of them aren't, and many of them don't realize that a man must ejaculate inside a woman in order to have a decent chance of conceiving. 😕

Good grief - I thought most 8-year-olds know that. He did some consults with other fertility specialists and OB/GYNs and said that they are experiencing the same things. :scared: Apparently, these couples think ordinary sex is gross (I'll admit, it can be) and don't engage in it.

Guess it's a good thing that these people aren't having kids, and I sure hope he doesn't proceed with treatments if they do have medical issues.

I can not possibly imagine how anyone would know what a fertility specialists is (and be able to set up a meeting with one) yet not know you need to have vaginal sex to make babies.

An isolated "Things I learn from my patients"-esque incident maybe. But we certainly don't have some crazy anal sex pandemic sweeping the American Heartland.
 
I can not possibly imagine how anyone would know what a fertility specialists is (and be able to set up a meeting with one) yet not know you need to have vaginal sex to make babies.

An isolated "Things I learn from my patients"-esque incident maybe. But we certainly don't have some crazy anal sex pandemic sweeping the American Heartland.
I think you've just developed the hypothesis for the most widely disseminated Annals article ever.
 

I wonder how many of those are real questions, and how many of them were things people made up to see how other people would respond.

I will add, however, that over the years, I have worked with one pharmacist who did not know that lesbians menstruate, and another who didn't know that women need to have a baby to produce breast milk (except for some very unusual circumstances). For that matter, I worked with another who had been in practice for nearly 30 years, and didn't know that the Jehovah's Witness religion prohibits blood transfusions. (All were female, in case you're wondering.)