1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Question about the Berkeley Review Self Prep books

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Green Pirate, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Green Pirate

Green Pirate Neurotic Neuro Enthusiast
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I'm trying to find some prep books that have a fair amount of detail, since I'm not on a crash study plan. I don't want a deluge of info, but something more than basic review would be great. I'm wondering which prep company's books provide this. I've heard mixed opinions about Berkeley Review's books, and I was hoping to get some more opinions about them before I invest all that money in their books.

I'm not really interested in classes since I learn better on my own.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Blondnuttyboy

7+ Year Member

VR books seem too different and/or easy to me..I'd go TPR or EK

Bio books are really detailed so if you need WAY more detail than necessary, I'd recommend it.

PS books are FANTASTIC!! The material is very, very difficult and will prep you well in my opinion

4. Green Pirate

Green Pirate Neurotic Neuro Enthusiast
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    yeah I already have EK verbal so I think I'm going to stick with that. But I'd like the detailed review of the TBR, so I'll probably go with that for this summer. Thanks.

5. Asianagirl

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I don't know who Todd is and if my school even offers TBR so... I want to call them but I can't find their numbers anywhere on their website. Can someone please put down their phone numbers ? Thanks

6. ronehh

ronehh in the original position
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    18006228827. I've tried calling but no one picked up