Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Question about UCLA medi school

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by tsj, Mar 27, 2004.

1. tsj

tsj Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I matched at UCLA for residency.

I am well aware of the differences between UCLA, UCLA-H, and UCLA-D for residencies.

I hear people refer to going to UCLA Drew for medical school in some of the allopath forums. I only knew of Geffen. Are there multilple UCLA medical schools? And if so what are the differences?

2. bewitched1081

bewitched1081 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

ucla geffen is a "normal" med school. ucla drew is geared towards the underserved population.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. docmemi

docmemi 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

drew/ucla is a special medical education program for 24 students whose mission is to work with the underserved. charles r drew is also a medical school. its located in the watts/willobrook area in south central la. its affiliate hosptial is king/drew medical center. there are very strong ties between drew and ucla. for more info, go to www.cdrewu.edu

congrats on your match! what specialty?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...