Question about UG gpa.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dgarchow

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I won't bore any of you SDN veterans to sleep with another sob-tale about an aspiring physician who made grievous errors at their UG institution; but yet wants so badly to get back on track........Wait, that is exactly what I am doing-sorry.

To the point: I attended one UG cc and attained a 2.70 GPA; If I transfer to a bachelor-granting college/univeristy, is there a standard way that UG gpa is calculated for determining med school applicability?

I know that most colleges and universities only recognize passing grades from transfer students, and disregard prior gpa which allows the student to build a new gpa at their secondary school. Do med schools (all/some) review all gpa or just those that are reported by the degree-granting institution?

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you are required to enter all college coursework into your AMCAS application. GPA is calculated accordingly. I took college classes in high school and didn’t do very well in them, now they’re coming back to haunt me. Sucks…

Members don't see this ad :)
The majority of the posts on those links and I find it humorous how some people can get so irritated by someone neglecting to use a search function. The grizzlies can go back to the cave now.

didn't mean to offend you.

But did you get a drastically different answer from posters on this thread than what was already rehashed before? No

Was the answer to your question already available on this forum? Yes

Is there a sticky about starting new threads? Yes, you should do a search first, if you can't find your answer or it is outdated then start a new thread on the topic. The sticky is titled :pre-Allo Information Thread: Read This First!"

This is pretty much common sense for us Grizzlies!!! nuff said

If your 2.7 was over 2 years, you could bring it up with 3 more years of 4.0, for a net GPA of 3.48. Now, getting all those 4.0's will probably mean that you'll need to live in the library all day, every day, all year, but welcome to your last chance!