Question about UNE medical biochemistry online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

armaragon

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Y'all,

Got some quick questions pertaining to the online UNE medical biochem course.

Is it still self paced? and would I potentially be able to finish it sooner than the 4 month recommended time, say 2-3 months?

The reason why I ask is that I have multiple interviews coming up for schools that require biochem and don't. I would like to hear back from the ones that don't (my top choices as well) before committing to spending the money for this course.

(I have taken dozens of upper science level courses, organic chem II, and have a 132 in bio/biochem on the MCAT so I feel like I'm okay with skipping it?)

Members don't see this ad.

If you’re in need of biochem, you can look into the online UC extension classes, like UCSD, UCLA, or Berkeley.

I’m currently doing a PB at UCLA extension, and there’s a 10 week (so like 2-3 months) 4-quarter unit biochemistry class for 935, which is quite cheaper than UNE’s 1500. It starts on Jan 5 or something, if you’re interested.

UCSD extension has a quarter system biochem class as well, and Cal has a semester system biochem class, both of which are less than UNE’s tuition.

If you’re in need of biochem, you can look into the online UC extension classes, like UCSD, UCLA, or Berkeley.

I’m currently doing a PB at UCLA extension, and there’s a 10 week (so like 2-3 months) 4-quarter unit biochemistry class for 935, which is quite cheaper than UNE’s 1500. It starts on Jan 5 or something, if you’re interested.

UCSD extension has a quarter system biochem class as well, and Cal has a semester system biochem class, both of which are less than UNE’s tuition.
Thank you so much for that! Quick question, how does it work? I see that I can enroll and after clicking the "enroll" option, it immediately takes me to the payment screen. What happens after? How will I get course credit?

Thank you so much for that! Quick question, how does it work? I see that I can enroll and after clicking the "enroll" option, it immediately takes me to the payment screen. What happens after? How will I get course credit?

Make your payment, and once you get the email saying they got your payment (the confirmation email), you're pretty much enrolled.

Click Hi, <Your Name> --> Student Home --> My Enrollment History (on left side), and you should see Chem XL 153A there. Use Canvas to access the course, which opens up 2 days before the class start day.