talbo

10+ Year Member
May 30, 2008
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
so after interviewing at a school, i sent in an update letter to them; recently i found out that my finished project resulting in figures/data will be used in a paper that is currently being prepared and i will be an author on there, not 1st or 2nd. I am wondering if i should update that same school before the decision comes out or should i save it when i get WL? My other concern is that what if i get a straight out rejection. Also, how would i update them bc the update i sent right after the interview was long, but this one would be kind of short, i am not sure how to put it. Thanks!

Diksha

Special Cake Censor
10+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I would say that if there's a few weeks or more until they are likely to make a decision on your file you might as well update them now. It will keep them informed of your interest and eagerness to get in, at least.

PandaBrewMaster

w00tcakes
10+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2008
MA
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I don't know but I'd guess that you are probably fine sending them another update. I don't know the psychology behind getting annoyed with too many updates or something, but adding to your profile can't hurt.

Though I'll say one thing. I think you should only update regarding a paper if it's been accepted for publication, and thus "in press." Only then is it finalized as a publication. Papers can be sent in or "in manuscript" or "sent for review" all the time, but most are rejected if not once, multiple times before final acceptance. It's a great accomplishment though, congrats, but yeah I just think you should wait until it's been accepted. Gives it more weight that way then just "in preparation."

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.