Huskie Hopeful

10+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2006
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Hey guys, this is my first post.

One of the Prerequisites of UW Pharmacy is taking a Statistics class. I'm wondering if taking a Statistics class that is taught by the department of psychology instead of mathematics is alright?

This is the course description for the psych stats class:

" organization and classification of data, graphic representation, measures of central tendency and variability, percentiles, normal curve, standard scores, correlation and regression, and introduction to statistical inference; use of microcomputers for statistical calculations."

Thanks in advance

senzabee

10+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
Status
Pharmacy Student
Huskie Hopeful said:
Hey guys, this is my first post.

One of the Prerequisites of UW Pharmacy is taking a Statistics class. I'm wondering if taking a Statistics class that is taught by the department of psychology instead of mathematics is alright?

This is the course description for the psych stats class:

" organization and classification of data, graphic representation, measures of central tendency and variability, percentiles, normal curve, standard scores, correlation and regression, and introduction to statistical inference; use of microcomputers for statistical calculations."

Thanks in advance
I don't feel like looking back at my statistic notes for the exact terms :p but are you learning all of those terms and parametric and non-parametric tests like the t-test, chi-squared, what a p<0.05 is, etc etc? I think those are the important things, that you actually induldge in the particular tests and how each of them are different.

If you have a question, email them your class syllabus and the description above.

ADN1226

Class of 2012!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 21, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Definitely ask the schools you're planning to apply... or even your school advisor. My roomie took both stats for math and quanitative methods (stats for psych) at a different school... and she says both classes covered the same materials. But the math stats one was taught better. To me, I think adcoms would prefer the math stats class, but call just in case.

OP
Huskie Hopeful

Huskie Hopeful

10+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2006
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Thanks guys, the school just answered my e mail and said it was okay.

About the Ads