Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Question about UW Stats Class

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Huskie Hopeful, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Huskie Hopeful

Huskie Hopeful New Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hey guys, this is my first post.

One of the Prerequisites of UW Pharmacy is taking a Statistics class. I'm wondering if taking a Statistics class that is taught by the department of psychology instead of mathematics is alright?

This is the course description for the psych stats class:

" organization and classification of data, graphic representation, measures of central tendency and variability, percentiles, normal curve, standard scores, correlation and regression, and introduction to statistical inference; use of microcomputers for statistical calculations."

Thanks in advance

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. senzabee

senzabee Member

Pharmacy Student
    I don't feel like looking back at my statistic notes for the exact terms :p but are you learning all of those terms and parametric and non-parametric tests like the t-test, chi-squared, what a p<0.05 is, etc etc? I think those are the important things, that you actually induldge in the particular tests and how each of them are different.

If you have a question, email them your class syllabus and the description above.

4. ADN1226

ADN1226 Class of 2012!

Resident [Any Field]
    Definitely ask the schools you're planning to apply... or even your school advisor. My roomie took both stats for math and quanitative methods (stats for psych) at a different school... and she says both classes covered the same materials. But the math stats one was taught better. To me, I think adcoms would prefer the math stats class, but call just in case.

5. Huskie Hopeful

Huskie Hopeful New Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Thanks guys, the school just answered my e mail and said it was okay.