Question about verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soontobedoc98

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

So I was verified by AACOMAS recently...

I have an issue

So I took a bunch of classes in undergrad but AACOMAS has messed up my entire "freshman/sophomore" schedule

Does AACOMAS change your designation based on your description of whether you were a sophomore or not? Or perhaps change it based on how many credits are used to constitute a sophomore or a junior? Because it messed up my grade trend. I did four years of college, consecutively, and took a vast amount of credits each time...

For example, Spring 2018 was labeled as a "junior" even though I was NOT a junior... It was still my second year of college... What should I do here?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone

So I was verified by AACOMAS recently...

I have an issue

So I took a bunch of classes in undergrad but AACOMAS has messed up my entire "freshman/sophomore" schedule

Does AACOMAS change your designation based on your description of whether you were a sophomore or not? Or perhaps change it based on how many credits are used to constitute a sophomore or a junior? Because it messed up my grade trend. I did four years of college, consecutively, and took a vast amount of credits each time...

For example, Spring 2018 was labeled as a "junior" even though I was NOT a junior... It was still my second year of college... What should I do here?
I'd check back with the AACOMAS help desk on this one. I'm not really sure what would go on there.

Members don't see this ad :)
All I have is from their help documentation:

Transcript Entry

Academic Status Definitions​

• Freshman-Senior: Applies to all college- or university-level courses taken prior to your first bachelor's degree. In general, four-year students should list one year per designation and five-year students should list their last two years as senior. Non-traditional students should label their terms as evenly as possible in chronological order.
    • Dual enrollment courses (college courses taken during high school) are considered Freshman and should be listed under the college where you took them. Do not report these courses again as transfer credits at your undergraduate institution.
  • Post-Baccalaureate: Applies to undergraduate level courses taken after your first bachelor's degree is earned. If you earned a second bachelor's degree, that is considered post-baccalaureate.
  • Graduate: Applies to master's degree- and doctorate degree-level work only, regardless of whether the degree was earned. Work such as that taken in pursuit of a Ph.D, MD, PharmD, JD, JurisD, LL.D, DC., etc. are considered doctorate degree-level.

All I have is from their help documentation:

Transcript Entry

Academic Status Definitions​

• Freshman-Senior: Applies to all college- or university-level courses taken prior to your first bachelor's degree. In general, four-year students should list one year per designation and five-year students should list their last two years as senior. Non-traditional students should label their terms as evenly as possible in chronological order.
    • Dual enrollment courses (college courses taken during high school) are considered Freshman and should be listed under the college where you took them. Do not report these courses again as transfer credits at your undergraduate institution.
  • Post-Baccalaureate: Applies to undergraduate level courses taken after your first bachelor's degree is earned. If you earned a second bachelor's degree, that is considered post-baccalaureate.
  • Graduate: Applies to master's degree- and doctorate degree-level work only, regardless of whether the degree was earned. Work such as that taken in pursuit of a Ph.D, MD, PharmD, JD, JurisD, LL.D, DC., etc. are considered doctorate degree-level.

Yeah that's the issue. Im listing four years, and each year is designated as freshman, sophomore, junior and senior but they're labeling them wrong. Trying to contact the help desk

Reactions: 1 user