Question about Wal Mart new NPS Patient satisfaction scoring system.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i cant believe WM still pays decent bonuses to the managers... how long before that goes away you guys think?

No one leaves WM voluntarily IMO. As much as we talk **** about them, it's still better gig than any other retail out there.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I heard Kroger has productivity metrics for pharmacists.

Imagine Walmart Pharmacy actually enforcing productivity metrics.

That said in the last 4.5 years at Walmart I know of 5 PICs actually quitting WM period, 4 stepped down to staff, 1 "leaving" due to QPF shenanigans allegedly (this is all in my area, 25 mile radius), then a PIC at SC getting canned for opioid stewardship, and then I listed those open pharmacy manager positions in meth-riddled part of northern California.

Last edited:
Kroger pharmacy at one point will get bought like Target IMO. I don't think their pharmacy does well. They can hand that over to someone else and still get grocery business.

No one leaves WM voluntarily IMO. As much as we talk **** about them, it's still better gig than any other retail out there.

i dunno man, im about to split WM. maybe its just my market, but we run just as lean as the others but have a terrible workflow that is so difficult and cumbersome. you combine that with managing, yeah im gone...i would rather suffer at CVS or WAGS as staff. I dont really look at this as a career anymore, they are only terrible jobs, you jump from one to another, as we watch the decline...no need to be loyal as they dont seem to care about us very much..I see they want to push us all out and keep the revolving doors going as they drop pay rates 1-2 times yearly....better find that exit strategy soon.

i dunno man, im about to split WM. maybe its just my market, but we run just as lean as the others but have a terrible workflow that is so difficult and cumbersome. you combine that with managing, yeah im gone...i would rather suffer at CVS or WAGS as staff. I dont really look at this as a career anymore, they are only terrible jobs, you jump from one to another, as we watch the decline...no need to be loyal as they dont seem to care about us very much..I see they want to push us all out and keep the revolving doors going as they drop pay rates 1-2 times yearly....better find that exit strategy soon.

Sounds like you need to ride it out man. What other job has this much PTO, bonuses, yearly raises, 401k match etc.

I’m at minimum RPh S3G in a not so pleasant area. It just requires proper training of your team, prioritization and holding your staff RPh accountable man. It isn’t pretty at times but it can be done.

in today’s job market, it is a ballsy move to just up and leave. Places are so saturated, there are lines of unemployed rphs and also the grass isn’t always greener. Anyways best of luck to you.

Yeah thought of starting back from 1 week vacation kills me little bit from inside.

I have seen folks leaving WM too but it was for different career path like PBM job, not retail. So unless you are on a chopping block (got two coaching already and in a process of getting a third one etc.), ride it out until it lasts.

One of the PIC left WM in a hurry to move to NC for family reason and had a hard to to get back to WM even though she had a favorable recommendation from my DM. My bonus tracker is looking good this year, almost 24k. Someone told me WM has raised the bonus to 32k next year. Have anyone heard about it?

Isn’t 24k supposed to be max bonus? Your store must be doing really really good, like top 1% if you get that much ;)

Isn’t 24k supposed to be max bonus? Your store must be doing really really good, like top 1% if you get that much ;)
It is based on store sale/profit/scripts/and surveys. Our store hit the max or pass max on most categories. So you don’t have to be the top 1% to get max bonus, as long as your store exceeds metrics by certain %. Someone told me bonus will be max out at 32k but I haven’t verified yet.

Bonus is based on spurious P&L goals. If you have a blowout year enjoy getting screwed over the next.

Did anyone see the "How are you feeling" pop-up when logging into the WIRE? I just put a 1 to see what happens.

Is this going to be a tracked metric too where people are going to be held "accountable"?