Question concerning timing of MCAT after expiration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

crazylilazn

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I have an MCAT from Sept. 2011 which is expiring, so I am planning to retake the MCAT on May 31st. However, I am thinking about delaying it by 2 weeks for extra preparation - I work part time and I don't think I'm ready yet.

I am aware that applications can get verified without MCAT scores, and my goal is to have my application in to schools as soon as possible.

If I submit my primary on June 3rd, take the MCAT, have my scores submitted on the 15th, and then complete my secondaries (with pre-prepared essays) all completed within the next week, will I be at a disadvantage compared to if I had my MCAT ready when the primary was sent to schools (let's assume around July 1st)?



I guess the real question I'm asking is this - I know that a majority of schools don't screen prior to giving out secondaries. Thus, I will be receiving secondaries once I submit my primary even without an MCAT score.

As a result, does that mean that as long as I have my MCAT score in when I am prepared to send in secondaries, I'll be in the clear?
 
Last edited: