Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So today in my horse reproduction lab, I was the only person to volunteer to do stallion semen collection. Right after I said I wanted to do it, I regretted it. I have always liked horses, but I have never owned one and have only ridden a few times. The reason I am taking a horse management course is to gain more experience in the equine field.
Anyways, back to my story...basically the stallion was quite rowdy and kept mounting the dummy awkwardly. Needless to say, I ended up getting stepped on and thrown to the ground (thank goodness for helmets!). I got up though and 'finished the job.'
The whole experience made me a little nervous, especially me being a small female. I guess I want to know if this kind of thing gets easier and if others have had similar experiences with large animals. It just left me feeling embarrassed, even though my prof smiled and told me I did good. I just felt stupid!
Anyways, back to my story...basically the stallion was quite rowdy and kept mounting the dummy awkwardly. Needless to say, I ended up getting stepped on and thrown to the ground (thank goodness for helmets!). I got up though and 'finished the job.'
The whole experience made me a little nervous, especially me being a small female. I guess I want to know if this kind of thing gets easier and if others have had similar experiences with large animals. It just left me feeling embarrassed, even though my prof smiled and told me I did good. I just felt stupid!
