Question for OSU students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fenrezz

AT Stills Worst Nightmare
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For out of state students, does OSU lock you into the out of state tuition for 4 years, or can you claim state residency after a year and pay the in state tuition afterwards?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You have to live in Oklahoma for 12 months (it may be a bit less, but I don't think so) without being a student to qualify for in-state tuition. This means that you're stuck with out-of-state for the 4 years. You can double check this with Dana Livingston.

There are only two ways to change your residency status as an out of state student. The first is to be employed for 40 hours a week for one year in the state of oklahoma. Not a good option. Or Marry a resident of Oklahoma; which fits the same criteron as above :wink: So when you get here just get hitched and you will be all set.

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by Bigdaddy:
•The first is to be employed for 40 hours a week for one year in the state of oklahoma. Not a good option. •••••Would OSU allow a deferral for this reason? If so, I don't think it would be that bad of an option considering how much tuition $$ would be saved.

Lets see. Get married or pay about $17,000 more for 4 years.

Hmmmm....

Guess I better get my checkbook. :p