Question for Residents and Program Directors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1037749

Hello all,

I had a quick question regarding someones chance of getting a decent residency. A friend of mine failed their step 1 twice and will hopefully be taking it a third time with the intent of crushing it. They also failed two capstones during their third year and will be retaking them again. They have a 3.0 GPA and they are in the top 50% of their class at their program but with their recent failures, how does their future look at getting a good residency?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all,

I had a quick question regarding someones chance of getting a decent residency. A friend of mine failed their step 1 twice and will hopefully be taking it a third time with the intent of crushing it. They also failed two capstones during their third year and will be retaking them again. They have a 3.0 GPA and they are in the top 50% of their class at their program but with their recent failures, how does their future look at getting a good residency?

Nobody would know if you failed boards or capstones. We don't look at your individual grades

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all,

You just need to make sure you pass this time. That’s kind of as far as you need to be thinking at this point

Reactions: 1 user
I know of someone who failed their part 1 and part 2. That person ended matching at the pi program in Atlanta. That someone also did a fellowship. It’s definitely not the end of the world. It’s podiatry for gods sake

Reactions: 1 users