question for those who got acccepted..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cooldudeee123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey

does it actually affect if you have 3 withdrawals overall...for those who have gotten into pharmacy schools....can yo please share ur views on this....how many W's did u have it overalll and still got into pharmacy school...please indicate which school., also ur overall gpa.

thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

I also had 3 Ws on my transcript. They are all from my first 2.5 years of college when I was an engineering major. The Ws never came up during my meeting with advisors and was never mentioned during the interview. I do not think they are a big deal if the classes are not prereq pharmacy courses. I got into Oregon State COP with a 3.43 overall GPA. If you have solid grades overall I do not think those Ws will hurt you, but if for some reason it is brought up in an interview have the reason they are there ready to be explained.

Any reason that you have 2 of the exact same threads going?

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a few W's too...but those were because there were circumstances in my life that I couldn't avoid. In your case, make sure you present a good reason(s) for your W's because they will ask during your interview. If your gpa isn't all that great, I'd concentrate on excelling at the PCAT...it will probably help and get you in at least one school. And make sure you apply to as many schools as you can with a wide range of competitiveness. Nowadays with pharmacy, you can't be too choosy unless you are one of the few with the priveledge of a 3.8gpa and a 90+ PCAT.

It depends on the school.I did not have any .But there are soo many circumstances that warant a W so do not worry about it.It does not affect your grade or mean you cannot become a pharmacist.

I have two W's on my transcript and I'm not worried. Colleges give students the option to withdraw for a reason, so why not use them. The only thing is, one has to have a reason for withdrawing.

Just make sure you explain to the colleges why you withdrew from classes.

I had three Ws on my transcripts and I was accepted to pharmacy school. My interview was closed file, so I never had to explain. I also have a BA and a good PCAT so as long as you don't have lots of Ws with low stats you will have no problems.

I signed up for one too many classes in undergrad, and then dropped one within a few weeks several times because I was too busy. I had no idea this might be perceived negatively until I read about this on SDN last year. In my case though in four interviews, I was never once asked about it. Also as an aside, I was never asked about the one semester where I had a significantly lower GPA than my norm.

hey

does it actually affect if you have 3 withdrawals overall...for those who have gotten into pharmacy schools....can yo please share ur views on this....how many W's did u have it overalll and still got into pharmacy school...please indicate which school., also ur overall gpa.

thanks...

I had four total and one of the four was in a prereq. I got accepted this year to USN. My overall GPA is 3.9; prereq GPA 4.0. The W's were never mentioned in my interview.

I have about 10 W's on my transcript. Mostly from 2000 until 2003. In 2000 I was still in high school and decided to take some college corses but withdrew because I got lazy. The rest are because I started flying cargo and was gone to much to attend class. However during m interveiw the qustion never once came up. In fact they only commented on the fact that my science GPA was higher then my overall GPA. So I don't think it is to much of a problem if you made up the classes and did well

I have 2 W's and a lot of C's in my science courses and still got in this year...they will look at other things too not just your grade...like your pcat score and any experience you may have and it also depends on how you do on your interview

thanksfor all the replies

does anyone know the schools that has rolling admissions...

please list it...

as well, does these schools look at your application when you have your pcat scores, or when you don't have pcat, they don't look at it?

thanks

i had 1 W on mine and i got accepted this year.